Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC's Robot Wars - APPLY NOW

For those of us who have sent in applications already, any idea when we'll hear back about them?

Quote Originally Posted by BBCRobotWars View Post
    Hi Rapidrory,

We don't have a specific date just yet, but I would say roughly within the next two weeks.

Hope all is well.
    You really need to let roboteers know as soon as! Time is tight and these things don't get built overnight.
    Last edited by Shakey; 18th January 2016 at 16:13.

I must say, the expectations of the production company on this are utterly unreasonable. I hope if it gets a second series they actually realise the time and money that builders need to put in.

On the audience front, will there be an allocated amount of audience tickets for competing teams so they can bring along a few friends / family/ supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    You really need to let roboteers know as soon as! Time is tight and these things don't get built overnight.
    Agreed. Especially when there are potentially thousands of pounds being spent, days having to be taken off work and having to make travel plans to the other end of the country.

Speaking of logistics, is Mentorn booking the hotel for the competitors? Only it would be a bit hard to get anywhere much less together with four weeks notice. A block booking would be a lot easier all round TBH

Also will there be reserve rumble filmed to use the reserve robots on camera (thereby justifying the money a bit)?

Register To Comment