Register To Comment
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA/ Robo Challenge International Featherweight Championships - 1st - 3rd April

Tether it to your removable link, they're not counted in the weight. Or if your removable link weighs 120g, then you're sorted

To be fair, 120g isn't going to do that much, and you're not using it for any competition-based gain, rather do some cool camera work - I'd have no issues!

Of course the final decision lies with Robochallenge but I certainly wouldn't have a problem

Amazing in fight action is worth any amount of weight in my opinion

No problem Adam, let me just strap my 3kg camera onto Drumroll

In my opinion absolutely not. You want a camera on your robot? You should adhere to the same rules as all the rest of us and make sure it fits in weight.

Jamie it won't help you unless it's to help balance your drum out

Quote Originally Posted by MicroGravity100 View Post
    In my opinion absolutely not. You want a camera on your robot? You should adhere to the same rules as all the rest of us and make sure it fits in weight.
    Harsh but fair. Mr Mangle weighs in at 13.46Kg and the camera was only added for the last event, long after the weight was finalised. Its a small GoPro knock-off, not exactly an advantage in a bot fight. Like I said, I'm happy to take it off is the consensus goes against it.

I don't have an issue with it, as long as you're okay with it becoming a target!

Of course, completely up to the EO/FRA to say yay or nay.

Its a really cheap camera - as long as I can salvage the SD card, I'm fine with it getting written off.

If the EOs are happy with it, it then comes down to if the competitors you are fighting are happy with it.

Personally, while I'd love to see the footage, I would be against it if it puts you overweight. Even though there would be no advantage gained by you, if I discovered that, say, a flipper was carrying 120g of extra gas when fighting against me, I wouldn't be happy. It has got to be a level playing field for everyone due to the nature of it being a world championship. Besides, I don't imagine footage of the pit tyre for two minutes will be particularly riveting

That said, I'll have Onyx there for whiteboards so if for some reason you're knocked out earlier, I'd be happy to do some whiteboards to get some footage.

Register To Comment