Register To Comment
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: FRA/ Robo Challenge International Featherweight Championships - 1st - 3rd April

Wow, I need another rest after watching that! What a close fought battle; I had some lucky escapes and was barely able to outlast Omega. The weapon belt was almost melted through and the lipo was virtually exhausted. Thanks again to everyone who helped me out and especially Grant and James who always put on a brilliant event!

Great event as always, great time had by all and massive thanks to the full robochallange team

What an amazing 4 days! I don't really want to go back to the real world but I don't want to wear off the novelty and wow factor of just how crazy and manic this event can be!
    A huge thanks to Nick, James and Grant for putting on the event despite their very hectic schedule, and to everyone else for making it yet another brilliant year.

Conker 3's has several claims to fame this year:
    - First robot to damage Explosion - Twisted flipper arm and bent front blade!
    - First robot to OOTA another under the arena wall - Sorry Omega, woops!
    - First to touch the apex of the Robochallenge arena... with a little help from Mr Mangle.

C3 took no damage physically, the only problem was blowing up the Scorpion that ran the weapon, everything else worked perfectly for the first time. Shame I solved the 'running upside down' problem to late.

Here is my view of the Gladiator and there should me much more to come! See you all next year!

Keen to see all that high speed video you took!

As always a massive thanks to James, Grant and the rest of the RoboChallenge crew for hosting a great event. Also thanks to the forever changing lineup of judges - you know they've done a good job when you can't think of a controversial decision!

I can't believe that we managed to defend the title, especially after being drawn against some of the nastiest spinners for the qualifiers. Congratulations to Rob and Gabriel (and Ellis too really!) for second place with Django and to Alex and John for third with Beauty 2 - it wouldn't have been right if there wasn't a Beauty on the podium!

Also well done to John Denny (both of them!) for winning the annihilator with Clank and to Nick for winning the Gladiator with Mr Mangle, it was nice to see you take a trophy back to Australia especially after bad luck in the main competition.

The highlight for me has to be the fight against Binky and Cicatrix, it was great to see people finally admitting they found an OOTA entertaining

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you at Manchester and the rest by this time next year!

The flash from the arena light looking like a minor explosion when Conker hits the roof makes that gif :P

Huge thanks to everyone at Robo Challenge for hosting another excellent championship event. As others have said, considering how busy you were with Robot Wars beforehand, the fact that the champs didn't suffer as a result is a testament to the hard work you guys put in to let us play with our big toys and it's greatly appreciated. Looking forward to more!

Congratulations to Michael and Adrian for holding on to your crown for a second year with a really strong performance. Don't see anyone taking it off you without a fight! Huge well done to Rob (and Paul ) for taking 2nd with the deadly Django and to John and Alex for completing the podium with 3rd. Congrats also to John and John for winning the Annihilator with Clank 4 and to Nick for taking both the Gladiator AND Drum-Off trophies home, hope they fit in your suitcase :P Well deserved considering the quality of your robot and the distance you travel, especially as this was your third year!

Thanks also to everyone. This event, and all the others, are just as much about the people and the fun as they are about the robots and it's always a pleasure to spend such an intense few days with you all

Register To Comment