Register To Comment
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA/ Robo Challenge International Featherweight Championships - 1st - 3rd April

Signed up but don't think I can get the Friday off work

What about the dodgy curry I predict you will be having Thursday night? Which bot are you bringing this year?

Anyone heard something about their application?

Not yet

All in good time.

Think I speak for a lot of the Roboteers on this one, we spend too much money on robots and end up staying wherever is the cheapest!

Its a big advantage to stay close to the NEC and walk over but the closest hotels have really jacked up their prices this year. I stayed at one of the airport hotels but catching the train to the NEC while carrying anything was still a pain. This year I booked the Holiday Inn Express, which had about average prices and slightly better reviews than similar hotels. For some reason most hotels are charging substantially more for that weekend than I remember last year .

We get parking permits for the NEC, so it might save you money to stay a bit further away and drive to the NEC each day.

You tried the Sutton Coldfield Premier Inn, Giles? That's where a good few of us are staying this year. It's a bit further out (~20 min drive) but it was the cheapest by far out of all the nearby Premier Inns.

Register To Comment