Register To Comment
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Robot Wars

mickburkesnr
    I think, personally, they're finding the selection process a bit difficult. I received an email yesterday with a questionaire on which "would be used to select the participants". That's on the 25th January, near enough 6 days before the end of the month when they're supposed to make their decision. But now they're wanting to know more about the teams involved, what makes them tick¸hoping to pick up a sob story - as is the case with a lot of televised competitions these days it seems.

I'm not going to fill out the form to be honest, I wanted to take part on the basis of my idea for a robot, not on the basis of how many sugars I have in my tea. Maybe next year!

I entered the trials for series 7 with Pressure mkII, I was in with two established robots and one newcomer.
    The newcomer kept grounding and broke down pretty quickly, Pressure mkII battled on but was beaten by the more experienced team's machines.
    Three out of four in each trial were to go through to the show, we're in I thought.
    The newcomer was allowed onto the show, instead of Pressure, because "they had amusing costumes"!
    The irony is, when they went on the show their robot broke down in the bull pen behind the arena and they never made it into the arena, their robot and costumes were never seen!
    TV producers and directors like to make good telly, they don't usually care how they get it, rules will be bent and goalposts moved if it suits them.
    I have worked with Robot Wars, Holby City (with robots!), Mechannibles, scrapheap Challenge and Top Gear, I speak from experience.
    Mike.

Come to think of it, Top Gear still owes me £200!!!

Register To Comment