Register To Comment
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Robot Wars

Hi Terry

There is no space between Robot Wars if that helps?

To help speed up help for the teams Robot Wars now has a technical 'helpline'. For all technical enquiries and clarifications with the rules and robot designs, also for robot ideas and approvals etc please contact us at robotwarstechnical@mentorn.tv

At last someone at the Beeb has remembered how popular RW was!
    Typical of telly people though, less than two months notice for newcomers to build a combat ready robot, they have also chosen a time when a lot of people are still skint after Christmas!
    Sadly Pressure mk5 will not be making an application, not enough time to build from scratch, too much other stuff going on.
    It's been a while since I attended an event, it has always been my intention to come back, hopefully later this year.
    Old viewers of RW are going to get a shock when they see the development that has occurred since it was off TV, this is due largely to the E.Os (past and present) that have kept the sport alive and given us somewhere to play and the FRA for somewhere to talk about it.
    All power to your spanners, give em hell!
    Mike.
    Last edited by pressure; 14th January 2016 at 22:23.

I can't help but think the Beeb are doing this because of Top Gear. They know the new version is going to be a flop, so they've decided to bring in a show with a similar target audience to boost their viewing figures. Let's not forget, Top Gear initially took over the time slot that RW left behind.

The government is aware by this point that the UK needs more engineers so the BBC may have an incentive to bring it back to get young people excited about engineering again.

Thats an interesting observation Danny B, you are probably right.

They would have also seen the interest sparked with battlebots. I know I streamed all the fights from whatever source was available.

I have to wonder if on the back of this, Techno Games or Scrapheap Challenge might also get a relaunch. I hope so!

Will the featherweight champs still be taking place this year?

Who cares!

Seriously though, good question. With all the excitement I forgot about this.
    Last year we had to subscribe in November/December I believe...

Even though I won't be attending it, for I need my vacation days for other stuff at the moment, it would be a shame if it didn't happen.

Your question has been answered Chris

Register To Comment