Register To Comment
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Shadow: Ferrovore

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    We need vids not photos hehe!!! A quick question and for my own interest. Where your actuator mounts to your weapon is their anything your doing to reduce shock damage from another machine so not to harm your actuator?
    I did get footage, but I had trouble with uploading it.
    As for the shockproofing, I don't really have much I can do with it. The actuator will be fully housed inside the bot even under full extension, and it's the sturdiest one I could find. If it can withstand 8000N of static load, I should be ok for non-spinner events.

UPDATE

The motor system is together and ready to install. I was amused to hear everyone at work, who thought I was building a Swegway! XD

Attachment 5693

So all the major electronic parts are here now, and the robot is beginning to take shape. A few changes to the plan, the srimech will now be mounted sideways to barrel roll the bot over, also meaning I can move the wheels closer to the middle. Also, I'm going to mount a small camera in the back of the jaw, to get some really good close-quarters footage!
    Next port of call, the bodywork!
    Attached Images Attached Images

It should come to 13.2kg. I checked the weight of every component and have calculated the weight of the body panels before ordering. Going with HDPE gives me a big advantage in weight-saving, because it's only 1/8th the density of steel and just over 1/3rd the density of aluminium. It means I can build big and chunky.

Looks good, what body style you going for?

For now it will be a simple block, but it'll be a very well styled block! I'm going for an insectoid theme, so I'm going to skin some black HDPE over the white structural layer. Cut some holes in the black coating and with some green LEDs to light it from the inside, and it should look very organic.

UPDATE

The rolling chassis is now complete! Should be able to wire it up and bring it to life this weekend, then I can concentrate on the rest of the bodywork (HDPE really is a nightmare to drill straight). Also, I found a suitable driver!

WP_20160218_19_16_12_Pro[1].jpg

UPDATE

Bodywork is almost done, and the front wedge has now been installed. Only major thing left to install at this point is the srimech, after that it's purely cosmetic work.
    Pending the completion of the wiring, I can hopefully upload some footage of the whole thing in action very soon!

WP_20160320_13_54_06_Pro[1].jpg

Register To Comment