Register To Comment

Thread: The KinematicEvents.com Beetle Weight Awards 2015

Dear Beetle Weight roboteers,

In preparation for the Iron Games Grand Finals / FRA UK Champs, we have some awards to give out at the end of the event. Three of which will be voted by your good selves and the other 3 by the Kinematic Team. Some of the awards are based on teams/robots throughout the year and some will be based on the day. We are aware there are plenty of beetle weights still in construction but we also wish to reward those teams who have supported our events throughout the year, which is why we are having a mixture.

The three awards that the Kinematic Team will be voting on are as follows:

Aesthetics – best looking Beetle Weight / paintjob / looks/ uniqueness etc
    Sportsmanship – team most helpful, enjoyable, fun, goes above and beyond at the events.
    Most Aggressive – goes without saying, the robot that cased the most damage and/or never gives up.

The three awards which we need you to vote on areas follows:

Best Driver –The driver who continues to keep cool under pressure and get the job done.
    Perseverance - Recognition for always entering the arena, having fun, but may not always win.
    Best Engineered – Recognition for engineering, design and innovation.

The nominees that you can vote from are as follows:

Best Driver: Limpet XS (John Denny) --- Flatulence (Jamie McHarg) --- Fat lip (Luke Steels)
    Perseverance: Surprize --- Headbanger --- FHQWHGADS
    Best Engineered: Flatulence --- Now You’ve Done It --- Newton --- Inertia B2 --- Spin Cycle

Please make your selections before Sunday 22nd November 2015 8pm.
    Cast your votes at: http://kinematicevents.com/roboteersportal.php

Good luck to all.

Kind Regards,
    Kinematic Events Team
    www.KinematicEvents.com

Howd you register for the roboteers portal?

Id also like to raise the point that the award nominations should be decided by all Beetleweight EOs. Many cant often go to all the events up north, and there tends to be a higher turn out for the events run alongside Heavyweight events.

Tbh, i find it somewhat a scandal for robots such as RPM to not be nominated for Best Driver and Engineered - especially considering some of the alternatives.

If i remember correctly all the Heavyweight EOs get together to decide the nominations for those awards - why is it the case only 1 EO gets to decide the awards for Beetleweights?
    Last edited by Garfie489; 10th November 2015 at 12:06.

Because that award isn't FRA sanctified?

Ah, so being that the awards are being given out at the FRA championships and this is the FRA forum I didn't read it properly :P

Regardless though, in that case there should be an FRA Beetle weights awards at the end of the year in addition to heavy and feathers with all EOs giving nominations

Hi Garfie, i do take your points and agree with them, but as pointed out, and as the thread title suggests, these are The KinematicEvents.com Beetle Weight Awards 2015. Sorry for any confusion.

As I'm sure RPM is an amazing machine (though having not seen a video or it running in person) I'm sure it's great! The Kinematic Events awards are to reward and acknowledge the teams that have supported us this year. We have organised personalized trophies and extra prizes for this.

Yes the event is the FRA UK Beetle Weight Championships, but it was originally and still is our own Iron Games Grand Finals which we have been running all over the UK throughout the year.

And to sign up, its on the web link i posted above, and its the button on the right called Sign up to the roboteers portal.

If you have any other questions/queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to email me directly - info@KinematicEvents.com

Kind Regards,
    Stu
    www.KinematicEvents.com

Yeh as i said, i misread. I didnt read the title of the thread but rather purely the content.

Being in the same format as other FRA awards, and being given out at the FRA Championships i made the assumption that these are the FRA awards - as other than the title there was nothing to suggest they were not.

However id still like to make the point that this year, along with Feathers and Heavies we should have an FRA Bettleweight awards nominated by all the Beetleweight EOs

Register To Comment