Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pinning

If a robot is counted out they should be considered "out" from the start of the countdown, not the end.

A very common scenario is a robot disables another, only to then get thrown OOTA inside their 10 second count, giving the throw-ee robot full points by knock-out. Really isn't logical. An example which happens to be one of my fights:

My wall-slam on Glutton killed it (this cam angle doesn't show it very well but it was immobile) and I got thrown out 6 seconds later. In the eyes of the current rules I played the smallest role in the fight, receiving 1 point. I'm not bitter (lol) but it really doesn't make sense!

I agree with that mentioned it briefly last year. OOTA's are classed as instant out as it can by unsafe to effectively "battle" in the exclusion zones of the arena, massively so for heavyweight events.
    That being said, although you shouldn't be allowed to attempt to get back in the arena, the 10 second countdown should still take place to make the above scenario's fair. And if your bounced off the screen and back in the arena you should still be allowed to fight as you weren't immobile at any time.

Really these need to be written down in writing. Otherwise it can be interpretation.

I can think of 2 other examples of the OOTA problem - one of which cost Richie a place in the top 18.

Maybe its worth having a thread dedicated to rule discussions and grey areas? - meeting up once a year might not leave enough time for thought out discussion on everything. Once we have a solution its proposed at the AGM and voted upon.

If you guys think its worthwhile ill set a thread up now and keep it up to date?

This thread is as good as any?

Only reason id suggest a separate thread is because next year when this is possibly 50 pages long, itll become hard to find what everyone actually agreed upon 6 months ago :P

Register To Comment