Register To Comment

Thread: Feather melty brain spinner project

This is one that I got so far with but have decided to sell on in case someone else wants to experiment with it.

Melty brain spinner project as detailed in the open melt open source project here http://www.nothinglabs.com/openmelt/

For sale,

- A single piece hardox 450 disc / chassis 10mm thick just shy of 450mm from tip to tip. Holes were cut for wheels 120mm by 40mm. Picture below with half eaten banana for scale. Looking for £70 which is what it cost for me to get it made in the first place. Might be useful as a spinner on it's own. Weight is approx 6kg but I will have to find some scales to pop it on to confirm.

- Electronics from melty brain project. A Pololu Baby Orangutan B-328 controller with a Sparkfun's pre-mounted ADXL193 accelerometer. Two IRL540N mosfets with heatsinks sized for the fake speed 900 motors I planned to use to run it. From memory the whole thing was to be powered on 12v but don't hold me to that. Programmer currently missing but will try and find it. Replacement can be found in various places online, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pololu-POL13.../dp/B003XOHVUW. Looking for £40 for electronics.

£100 for the lot.

I had the circuit wired up and running on a test chassis but never got around to fine tuning it. Mounted on breadboard using lead based solder (the good stuff) so not ROHS compliant (not that I'm sure that matters to many on here).

2015-08-06 11.12.10.jpg2015-08-06 11.15.58.jpg

Prices are plus postage which shouldn't be much as I always find the cheapest priced couriers (royal mail is just a rip off these days).

No love for the melty brain? Thought there would be more interest in this.

I'm certainly interested, I just lack the money!

Ha! I know that game only too well

This morning I was going through my steading and found the programmer in one of the electronics boxes I had stashed in there so included AT NO EXTRA COST! will be the programmer for the controller.

Register To Comment