Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 26-27 Sept 2015, GRA Mad Metal Machines, Bochum Germany

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    http://mad-metal-machines.de/

FCC Competition. Standard FRA rules apply.
    Entry fee 10 euros per team (no limit on robots) to pay for the hall.

Weightclasses:
    Ant (150g)
    Raptor (6Kg)
    Featherweight (13,6Kg)

Main competition on Saturday 26th, special fights and robohockey on Sunday 27th.

Direct link to registration (English and German): http://www.public.roboteers.org/mmm/anmeldung.php
    Raptor Rules in English: http://robotgames.nl/documents/rapto...lisch_v2.5.pdf
    Last edited by leorcc; 6th August 2015 at 07:39.

Quote Originally Posted by harry hills View Post
    I'm interested in going to this but I'm not brilliant with the logistics of the thing. Is there one who can recommend the cheapest and easiest route to get there from the south of england. Also hotels fairly close to the venue?
    Ferry. As I wrote, most of the time Team RCC uses Dunkirk-Dover for the channel crossing.
    Compared to the other crossings cost is simular.
    Ferry time is just long enough for a decent nap (the benches do lend themselfs for that) or an easy breakfast/lunch/dinner.

From Dunkirk to Bochum , without any trafic related delays, it's a large 5 hours drive. 6 If you take the "mandated" breaks. Calais would add half an hour to that.

Hotels in Bochum. From Formule One to the most elaborate setups are available.
    Last time, Team RCC had 4 rooms in a cheap hotel , total cost around £125. No breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by shakesc View Post
    Just avoid Calais !
    That is why we use DFDS on the Dover-Dunkirk route.

There is a way more expensive Newhaven-Dieppe route. Shaving 3 hours drive in the UK from the South to Dover, but adding 3 hours of ferry time and 9 minutes of drive in France.

Hotels are available quite close, there are some near the train station and some smaller ones at a walking distance from the venue. From the train station it is about a 5 minutes drive by taxi.

We're looking at making this. Depends on if my passport renewal happens fast enough...

edit: went downstairs after posting this and the passport came in the post. That was fast!
    Last edited by Ellis; 5th August 2015 at 11:02.

Now that's a sign.

I very much would like to go, but I probably won't be able to this year, sadly. Too much to get over, and I'm not sure if I can get the time off to go... Definitely next time though!

Speaking of which, does anyone have an up-to-date Raptorweight ruleset? I know they have limitations on voltage, motor size/materials etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Flag Captured View Post
    Speaking of which, does anyone have an up-to-date Raptorweight ruleset? I know they have limitations on voltage, motor size/materials etc...
    Not at the moment. These are the contraints for raptors:

6Kg max
    12V/3S lipo/4S LiFePO4 max
    Brushed motors up to Speed 700/Mabuchi 755 size (no 900's)
    Brushless inrunner 3650 size max (no outrunners)

There is no constraint on material used.

Register To Comment