Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 26-27 Sept 2015, GRA Mad Metal Machines, Bochum Germany

Quote Originally Posted by shakesc View Post
    Just avoid Calais !
    That is why we use DFDS on the Dover-Dunkirk route.

There is a way more expensive Newhaven-Dieppe route. Shaving 3 hours drive in the UK from the South to Dover, but adding 3 hours of ferry time and 9 minutes of drive in France.

Quote Originally Posted by harry hills View Post
    I'm interested in going to this but I'm not brilliant with the logistics of the thing. Is there one who can recommend the cheapest and easiest route to get there from the south of england. Also hotels fairly close to the venue?
    Ferry. As I wrote, most of the time Team RCC uses Dunkirk-Dover for the channel crossing.
    Compared to the other crossings cost is simular.
    Ferry time is just long enough for a decent nap (the benches do lend themselfs for that) or an easy breakfast/lunch/dinner.

From Dunkirk to Bochum , without any trafic related delays, it's a large 5 hours drive. 6 If you take the "mandated" breaks. Calais would add half an hour to that.

Hotels in Bochum. From Formule One to the most elaborate setups are available.
    Last time, Team RCC had 4 rooms in a cheap hotel , total cost around £125. No breakfast.

Last time around (1 year ago) me and team RCC stayed in Hotel Drees. Which is in walking distance of the venue if needed.
    I suggest sending a PM to Mario and try to sort something out.

Another note, the people in the hotel speak German ONLY!
    Which is quite humorous at times

Don't worry, you'll have allies

Dave Weston survived

An updated English Raptor ruleset has been released. It can be found on the http://www.roboteers.org forum under the database section, or directly here: http://robotgames.nl/documents/rapto...lisch_v2.5.pdf

Shame I would have loved to come with Predator but its a little broken. Maybe for next year if its on?

Register To Comment