Register To Comment
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie/oldbie

Ok so two red+black goes to the battery. The other red+black goes to the motor and the black plug in goes to the reciover http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-320A-...item43cc10a19e

So will this otter the speed of the motor`s

Oh come on...

I can't make this any clearer, read other build threads. You'll see why that ESC is not suitable for a feather, it only does 8.4V max not the typical 3S ~12V or higher nearly all featherweights run on. There are many great guides that will give you a much better understanding if you just read the threads on the forum. I'd also have my doubts on that ESC actually making it halfway across the arena before smoking.

You got the right technology and your summary is correct, however the speed controllers you just linked are rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    Oh come on...

I can't make this any clearer, read other build threads. You'll see why that ESC is not suitable for a feather, it only does 8.4V max not the typical 3S ~12V or higher nearly all featherweights run on. There are many great guides that will give you a much better understanding if you just read the threads on the forum. I'd also have my doubts on that ESC actually making it halfway across the arena before smoking.
    Then give me a good thread that will explain this all to me about running a feather weight robot and what to use

Quote Originally Posted by leorcc View Post
    You got the right technology and your summary is correct, however the speed controllers you just linked are rubbish.

Does it need to be a higher amp

No the voltage, and basically everything about the build of those ESC's. Why are you not gettin a a pair TZ85a ESC's? They are not my favorite, but they do the job very well.

For a featherweight, buy these. You shouldn't go wrong with them

http://ranglebox.com/product/botbitz...2-brushed-esc/

They have been well used by a number of machines. I would suggest using cordless drills for drive with these as they come with a motor / gearbox unit in one

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G View Post
    Then give me a good thread that will explain this all to me about running a feather weight robot and what to use
    Just have a good browse of the featherweights in this section of the forum: http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/foru...-build-diaries

EDIT: Also the second reply listed a load of them.
    Last edited by Shakey; 7th August 2015 at 17:21.

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G View Post

As you can see, you was provided with links to build diaries in only the 2nd reply. You cant ask people to choose all the components for you as they likely wont go together.

In the same sense if you ask for everything youll need, youll likely be missing something. Locking bar wouldnt be on most peoples list of components but we all have one where required.

You may read the comments, but you appear to do nothing actively about them. Example being having a spinner - the list is truely endless for the reasons not to do that if your unsure and new to the sport. Especially considering you need to be selected for the 1 event all year you could compete in with that.

Read the build diaries, and try to learn from them. If you dont understand the basics of what your building, you should definitely not even be considering building a spinner. In the same sense, asking if random components are alright wont get you anywhere - because you should understand why certain components are correct for your robot.

If you have questions like "Why do TZ85s have cutout issues on Spectrum transmitters", or so on youll get all the help and advice you need. However asking for everything you need on a plate means you could possibly be unsafe in constructing the robot, or could even result in buying the wrong components as everyones building techniques are different.

Lastly, you need to be able to pass tech checks at all events - Thus knowing your components is important.

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver View Post
    For a featherweight, buy these. You shouldn't go wrong with them

http://ranglebox.com/product/botbitz...2-brushed-esc/

They have been well used by a number of machines. I would suggest using cordless drills for drive with these as they come with a motor / gearbox unit in one

Are they strong enough to push a robot hard into the walls

Register To Comment