Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK HW full combat

There has been a lot of chat about bringing HW spinners back on our Facebook group,

Have a read if you have. Few spare days !! 😀 I am working on potentially bringing something back which we've been missing here. I'm putting together research and need some substance to my plans.

My last post is below for those who didn't see it.

Thank You for all the input, I think everything has now been covered most likely, and I have noted everything that has been said.

Well done everyone ... No arguments and I only had to delete and reedit one post 😀

The Next stage to aid my development as I need to collate all this stuff into a document soon is below.

Here's some info ...

2016 number of events - 2
    Time scale - First event early 2016, second summer 2016 if successful.
    HW and FW full combat.
    Entry fee to be directly put towards a prize fund for both classes, required on entry.
    Agree to sign our RW contract for allowing us to film etc
    Double elimination competition leading to a winner.
    No house robot intervention during fights
    New arena hazards

If you want to join the fun and support it please email me with your likely planned robot entry and a few details about what it would consist of. This is a separate venture to our normal UK tour.

Info@robotwars.tv

Like I said before this is early stages, things are moving, but I need some substance to the plans being put forward.

This is one of two options being discussed at the moment.

I look forward to receiving the emails.

Woot! I like the sound of it.

I'm curious, what kind of motors would people use to power a heavyweight spinning weapon these days?

Any more details on the Contract we have to sign to participate?

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I'm curious, what kind of motors would people use to power a heavyweight spinning weapon these days?
    Torro Maxiumus in the US uses 2 Scorpion HK5020's, Last Rites used to use a PERM motor. The scorpions together are rated to 8000W continuous, with the PERM motors being 4.8 to 18KW depending on voltage. That should give you an idea of the kind of power... utterly mental.

Below are motors I was going to use for a HW spinner.

IMGA5246.JPGIMGA5247.JPGIMGA5248.JPG

The small motor is about 1500w weighs approximately 3Kg. The larger is about 8000w and would be preferable, but it dose weigh about 10Kg! however the output shaft is about 24mm diameter not likely to break.

Can't wait to see what you come up with Craig I'm assuming I would be fitted with suitably large wheels?

Lets start the sign-up list!

I've signed up with Mosh, 4wd rambot

Sabretooth is signed

Brutus & Hades also signed up ... let the wars begin ...!

Saint and Cherub signed up.

Register To Comment