Register To Comment
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BattleBots UK competitors :)

Fair enough. It was a dirty trick but then again the bar was crap anyway, too big a bore in the middle from what I could see!

The not shaking hands thing was so childish.

Chronic and Bulldog will have been designed to run Nitrogen. They were most likely left as reserves as the show had enough main entrants ready to go ahead as planned.

We were hoping chronic would be the replacement too, but unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

The rules were open to discussion with the producers, Bulldog, Chronic and Bronco all run nitrogen... The English teams regulated down to under 60bar- as thats the maximum rating of their setups (with prior agreement from the EO,) and I'm sure Bronco was running closer to the full pressure limit as I know there system was rated to +3000psi

The rules are different in BattleBots. In terms of the pressure and voltage rules aren't hard limits. With prior approval of listing your conponents, wiring/pneumatics setups you can get approval to run higher. That's what we do on Beta and Alan also did the same for Cronic.

We had to switch to the Nitrogen setup for BB, that was one of the main reasons for building a new chassis rather than just altering the UK one as the bottle has to be huge. We were running at ~50bar/750psi so we could run the same pneumatic system. My understanding on not running CO2 was due to concerns over teams bottle warming before fights (which had happened in the past). Bronco said they were running a similar setup to us but, there's no way they were regulating down as far as we were, to get that power from what look like two 63mm bore rams, they had it cranked up!

Last edited by IceMaster; 1st July 2015 at 14:13.

Bronco was running over 3000psi? That's crazy.

Register To Comment