Register To Comment
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: BattleBots UK competitors :)

A new increased weight limit (some machines look heavy!) ?
    http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design...d/ba-p/5680955

Fusion 360 is proud to sponsor Chomp, the 250-pound wrecking machine entering the ring on the fighting robot show BattleBots, starting on June 21st at 9pm EST on ABC.
    250 Pound = 113.4 Kg

30lbs, is that enough to warrant a whole new robot?

Almost certainly a lot of the classic teams couldn't compete now due to being to antiquated/valuable (Like Biohazard, Vlad the Impaler) but I'm talking about robots that have successfully competed in Robogames year on year that haven't appeared on the new show.

Because BattleBots selected the competitors, they chose machines that suited the reboot of the show rather than ones that were already built. They wanted new, shiny and exciting machines rather than old ones. That's not to say people wouldn't have made mods to their current machines but for this first series BB were in control. It may relax next time or there may be more entrants allowed giving other Combots robots a chance.

I'd imagine that'd be the case, a second series being a little more relaxed and open for entries. At the end of the day, this was always a pilot run and you need exciting battles to get people interested and get a second series. Battles might have been interesting with no application process, but you need that assurance I guess, especially when you've only got 6 episodes to go at.

As it happens, it looks like there's plenty of interesting designs and it certainly sounds like everything was rather impressive to watch!

I really hope that Warhead clip isn't a massive spoiler. I've never known if it can self-right when flipped with the wings down.

I have seen warhead self right it at least once, but the disc hit the floor on the way down and sent it into a spin. Might have been against Darkstar or maybe Overkill.

Register To Comment