Register To Comment
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: BattleBots UK competitors :)

The new episode was bad advertising for plastic armour.
    Great fights though. If the last two episodes are done right and just as action packed than Battlebots should be back for a second season.

Although that will depend on viewer ratings I suppose.

edit:
    Last week 4.2m viewers
    Week before 4.8m viewers
    Last edited by Niels - Team K.a.L.M.; 13th July 2015 at 03:10.

If you look in the robotics group on Facebook, the most recent posts are people saying plastic robots suck... Scroll down a bit and you see a photograph I posted of Hysteria's shell. I don't think the fans will be rooting for me any time soon. Haha.

Well we made something that was outside of the normal robot build. And within 3 weeks it from cad on the screen to a robot, it was a tough build!!

Its a shame we could not have time to fix the bugs with the drive we lost 4 of the 6 drive belts in the first fight and it was bodged together for the tombstone match and did not last very long so it was tough to drive!

I think the HDPE held up not bad considering the way Tombstone rips through pretty much anything it meets lol. It is a shame we could not have had Behemoth with us, I think it would have shown up a few bots in the amazing Battlebox! Oh well!

We had fun and that was the aim we had with Radioactive!

Ant

It was indeed very different to anything previously done.

In the footage they kept repeating that the machine was made out of plastic.
    It made it look like only an idiot would use that and still put their machine against tombstone.

I'm glad you had fun, that always is they best thing to get out of these events.

Last edited by IceMaster; 14th July 2015 at 02:49.

Register To Comment