Register To Comment

Thread: Help with choosing parts for a first robot, please.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    IT WORKS! VENATOR ACTUALLY WORKS!! THERE'S AN ACTUAL FIGHTING ROBOT DRIVING AROUND IN MY BACK GARDEN HOW COOL IS THIS

I'm so delighted with the result: Started with no experience in this sort of thing and a couple of rusty old tools. 18 months later I've gained a basic idea of Electronics, D.I.Y. and CAD Modelling, as well as a real fighting robot!!! Obviously I still have lots to learn but I have really enjoyed the build process. Just got to put on the steel wedges and it's good to go!

So a massive thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread and helped me out over the past year and a half! Considering the number of mistakes I've made, I would've never been able to do this without your advice.

Now I can actually fighting this thing! Will probably get smashed to bits but can't wait!

(Also, at the moment my DX6i has mapped the controls on a sort of diagonal, if that makes sense. So forward is top right and back is bottom left. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks.)
    Last edited by dotDominic; 14th July 2016 at 15:46.

Register To Comment