Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Featherweight Wheel Options.

Hannibalito 3.2 and Nebelwerfer use 120mm large scale RC wheels "Desert Crust".
    Valkiri3 and Perun use 140mm large scale RC wheels "pin full disk white".

Both use 17mm hex hubs.

Wood.

Banebots wheels are very convenient to mount but don't last well. Colson wheels have excellent grip and last for ages but you need to make your own hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by overkill View Post
    Banebots wheels are very convenient to mount but don't last well. Colson wheels have excellent grip and last for ages but you need to make your own hubs.
    Not if you want to use 1.5-2" wide ones between 3" and 8" diameter with a 1/2" keyed shaft-
    http://nearchaos.net/chaos-hubs/

Vex also has a line of hex bored colsons-
    http://www.vexrobotics.com/vexpro/mo...nperforma.html

Apparently banebots aren't doing wheels anymore either. I stocked up on the 4" blue ones before they sold out. Colsons are probably the next best option if you can deal with the huge shipping cost from RMP these days. Or just make your own

Banebots is listing some Colson wheels with a range of (pricey) hubs - or just get those nice looking Colsons with hubs from Mike.

I'm looking into providing suitable wheels closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by GlenR View Post
    Apparently banebots aren't doing wheels anymore either.
    Damn... that sucks given how many machines use them. Looks like I will have to start making my own wheels.

Colsons seem alright, I'm using a pair on my new featherweight and so are a few other people - expensive but they seem super hard-wearing.

Failing that, get some HDPE/Nylon wheels and screw bike tread onto them, there's a few machines that have used that successfully.

Register To Comment