Register To Comment

Thread: pneumatics

Being limited to 100psi there is not the benefit of CO2 over air that the larger weight classes enjoy. And a lot of antweight pneumatics is homebuilt these days or often modified lego air components. There is a very small valve by parker that is quite popular and often micro servo actuated though I can't remember what. You might have better luck asking on the Robotwars101 forum.

The valve Alex refers to is from the "vm1000" series. The ram you linked is 8cm long, and so will be difficult to fit into an antweight design, but not impossible. Lego pneumatic rams will take up to 100psi with some modification, but you'll need heavier duty valves, tubes, t-junctions etc. than Lego ones.

As for tanks, the two most popular options are to modify a small aerosol canister, or to machine your own. Be aware that even though 100psi sounds like nothing in comparison to what the heavier weight classes use, it can still be very dangerous. Here's what happened when one of my custom tanks failed at 100psi: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2009.38.01.jpg. I could easily have been injured by flying plastic shrapnel if I hadn't been taking precautions.

Register To Comment