Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPC T64 Motors

Hi All
    Has anyone had much experience of these motors in a heavyweight,( NPC T64 Motor gearbox ) I have 4 motors and foam filled 14 inch tyres which I am starting a new heavy weight build using 2wd and having a spare set. I am wanting to support the gearbox shaft on both sides my machining an adapter for there aluminium mounting hub to help increase there life expectancy. I have already had Craig mention that its worth adding extra power cables to the brushes as the wire is like wet noodle any info would be appreciated I will post a early mock up pitch in the No Toy Robotics thread.

got a set myself recently, spoke to a few teams using these in the states… there a nice reliable package, but some found the casting the motor side of the gearbox case can crack… so i'll hopefully be machining some billet ones at some point… also if you over volt them too much the teeth on the motor pinion can strip… having said that, if your supporting the shaft, id assume you'll be ok in a flipper.

Also - noticed you can machine the back off the motors right down to take a fair bit of length of the motor itself- pretty handy in a compact robot.

thanks for that mouldy, CNC cases would be loads better as the castings look a bit thin in areas. I was looking at supporting the wheel side by fitting an m12 csk bolt from the mounting plate for the wheels then just putting it into a pillow block bearing with shims

Yeah, almost all the mounting points on the ones I have in Nuts have cracked or stripped; I've pretty much just clamped them in to the chassis now and hope they don't break more..

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy View Post
    got a set myself recently, spoke to a few teams using these in the states… there a nice reliable package, but some found the casting the motor side of the gearbox case can crack… so i'll hopefully be machining some billet ones at some point… also if you over volt them too much the teeth on the motor pinion can strip… having said that, if your supporting the shaft, id assume you'll be ok in a flipper.

Also - noticed you can machine the back off the motors right down to take a fair bit of length of the motor itself- pretty handy in a compact robot.
    Are you building a heavyweight 722 for next years Battlebots?

What are the t64s originally out of? They look like a chunky wheel chair unit.

They probably are out of wheelchairs - NPC sells them directly: http://hobby.npcrobotics.com/store/npc-t64/

Pretty sure they're for (seriously) heavy duty wheelchairs. I love that they so actively recognise their use in combat robots.

Wheelchairs for 400lbs Heart Attack Grill visitors do need power to shift those people.

Interesting what you find when you search for "heavy duty wheelchair". Anyways, was looking to see if there was another source of em but it looks like the US is it.

Register To Comment