Register To Comment
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kinematic Events / BeetleWeights.com - Wolverhampton 28th February 2015

Yeah should work fine, any chance you could sendme a pic? Just so I can sort of see the size.

We will be bringing along our 'beetle' thing. Currently weighs 1.6Kg so no entering the event but we want to test out this new construction method and the material viability so if someone want to white board that would be great.

If Lynx doesn't explode and I can borrow an Rx I'll throw that in with it, should test it thoroughly.

I know it's extremely late in the day now, but does anyone happen to have a spare pair of ESCs to hand? Fhqwhgads' eBay brand escs (the ones from HardWired Evolution) have just ceased to function for no viable reason, so I'm left without the ability to move... Any help is massively appreciated!

May have but you need to talk to Will Thomas if he has not used them

Nicely pulled off, everyone! The Pay-to-Drive fighting machines I finished just last night went 100% all day, with only small issues like loose bolts and a stray bit of LED strip. Apparently they were also subject to more serious play this evening for Stu's bday bash, so very pleased. It was great to see dozens of kids and big kids alike enjoying them.

As for the main event, Newton ran okay. I managed to eliminate the cogging issue with a rebuild this morning but after an initial test top rpm and overall power seemed down. A rebuild using the same construction method as the Pay-to-Drives is in order.

Well done to John Denny for once again taking the crown with Limpet! Brilliant driving, never let me spin up properly!

Look forward to the next one.
    Ellis

Hi all. Just a massive thank you for coming along to the first Iron Games. It was great to see the real roboteer spirit alive and kicking in the pits.

The audience loved the fights, including local radio stations and papers. The Hungry Horse managers were floating about and are very impressed to sign us up. The public loved our great looking Pay to Battle Robots designed/built by Ellis/RangleBox.com. The feedback has been overwhelming from the public.

Well done to our winners - videos /media and report will be online next weekend.
    Thank you again for participating in some amazing battles!

Here's to the future.. more info coming soon about our next upcoming events, we are just sorting out which "venues" get it first and in what order.

We had 3 HD CCTV cameras in the arena which was running all day, also being filmed by another HHD camera on one side of the arena. Video clips and meda etc will go online next weekend.

Thanks again all for a great day!

Kind Regards,
    Kinematic Events Team
    http://www.KinematicEvents.com

Register To Comment