Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building a featherweight rammer, could use some advice.

Hi,

I'm currently planning to build a fw rammer and could use some advice.

I have picked out some of the components but could use some guidance on whether they are suitable.

I'd prefer to keep it as cheap as possible because its my first bot and can always upgrade later.

Motors: 2 x 12 Argos Drill Motors -
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/7112946.htm

Speed Controllers: 2x Turnigy 85A ESC

Battery: Not sure, if anyone could recommend that would be great although i'd prefer if it wasn't a LiPoly

Transmitter: I have a Planet T5 bt i'm not sure if it would be usable for this.

Receiver: Not sure, thinking Futaba OrangeRx atm.

If you could offer any suggestions or tell me if i missed any parts the would be great.

Thanks,

Ben

those drills and esc will be fine. Make sure to work out how you are going to connect everything together electrically. Easy to forget when starting out but if you work out the wiring it will make things easier.

haven't seen the video but good on you for finding it.

In terms of battery packs from component shop, a 12v pack or two 6v packs in series will give you a 12v battery pack which will happily run your motors. I wouldn't recommend over volting for your first machine as you want to keep it as simple as possible.

This pack here should do what you need it to http://www.componentshop.co.uk/12v-3...tery-pack.html

Have a look on Hobbyking, I use an Imax B6 which is cheap and reliable and will charge most battery types should you upgrade later on.

Quote Originally Posted by para1yz3r View Post
    @Gary - I'm planning to use the Robowars Australia video on electronics as a rough wiring guide.
    Good video, very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by para1yz3r View Post
    a fw rammer vs. Argos Drill Motors
    More of a pusher?

Register To Comment