Register To Comment
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA FW 2015 World Championships - Hosted by Robo Challenge

For Tormenta 3, just look at Tormenta 2 but with hardox. It can still do all the crazy flippy things Tormenta 2 did but this one is built like a brick.

I fought tormenta 2 in Germany once. Looking forward to that fight.

Sam, I'll have the HDPE welder with me. And sheets of 5 and 10mm.
    I think we'll need it.

A little bit of all that. They want good well build machines and diversity in nationality. Experience is also a big factor.

There are some new machines but they come from reputable teams with a history of interesting/destructive/fun robots. Past showings, potential performance, machine diversity, team history all play a part.

This is the first Robochallenge event where people have had to 'audition' for places. Before now you were pretty much guaranteed a place if you signed up but with it being the world champs, having 20 or so foreign teams coming to compete and the need to have the best of the best fighting it out, things need to be done differently to get the top 50 machines in the arena.

How big are the chances that a starting polevaulter gets selected for the olympics?

If you're new I think the key is well detailed build diary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe01 View Post
    If you're new I think the key is well detailed build diary.
    Attending events with your robot and getting a history can also help. Id imagine its easier to qualify if you been doing live circuits for a year, rather than having a vapourbot.

Register To Comment