Register To Comment
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA FW 2015 World Championships - Hosted by Robo Challenge

TS3 did very well and gave me quite a surprise. On the other hand, my weapon will actually work as advertised next year so the results may be different. I hope you get TS3 rebuilt and improved for next year so we can have more matches.

Quick rule question:

I am looking at mounting a GoPro type camera to the top of Mr Mangle. Its sure to put the total weight over the limit by 200 grams or more - is it possible to get a special dispensation for the camera as long as the bot passes the weigh-in without the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by razerdave View Post
    Whoever beats the Beauty machines has to be fast about it, no time to hang around.

Because the foreign competitors are an unknown really, who is likely to make the final 10 out of the robots we think should be in this event ? Nice to get some speculation going.
    That's a neat idea Dave, let's see...
    I reckon it'll be:
    Beauty 8
    Beauty 2
    Explosion
    Little Crusher
    Mr Mangle
    Hannibalito 3
    Little Hitter 4
    Binky
    Rango

I want Flow to be in there but I just don't think it'll happen :P

722 - new
    Far as i no new mr mangle......

Nick it wudda been good but im not entering ts3 next year! Something different planned

Ah, I wasn't sure if 722 was just a new chassis or not, Mr Mangle, I assume it was just working out bugs from the old one

722 is a totally new and improved version of 720. Dave has ironed out many of the small flaws in 720 and changed the exterior armour for this sloped arrangement. 722 gets the titanium drum from 720 and 720 gets its old aluminium drum back.

Quote Originally Posted by razerdave View Post
    Mr Mangle, I assume it was just working out bugs from the old one
    Same frame, drive motors, battery, and most other parts. New beater, new (and MUCH better!) weapon ESC and maybe new weapon motor depending on testing between now and April. At the last championships, I stuffed up the ESC programming so that the beater hardly spun up, an embarrassing newbie mistake. Apart from that, Mr Mangle needed absolutely zero repairs between matches.

Roboteer

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon View Post
    722 is a totally new and improved version of 720. Dave has ironed out many of the small flaws in 720 and changed the exterior armour for this sloped arrangement. 722 gets the titanium drum from 720 and 720 gets its old aluminium drum back.
    It will still be crap ;-)
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Drumroll's made it into the top 10 for the past three years. Just sayin'

Sorry lads can we have beauty2 befor beauty8 lol also 9 is the one to watch out for

Register To Comment