Register To Comment
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA FW 2015 World Championships - Hosted by Robo Challenge

We need to write up the main criteria so its in black and white for everyone. As with the Olympics or any sport at the highest level of competition the objective is to have the best 50 teams/robots possible fighting it out for the World Championship. The fair way to do this is have existing & new teams apply giving their previous results and or their new robots statistics so we can have a black and white these are our best 50 entrants. We are certainly open to having qualifying for non spinners at another event however as we mentioned earlier we are in the first stages and there is quite a lot to organise to make certain everything is fair for everyone..

Cheers for clearing that up James. Sounds understandable, I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by razerdave View Post
    Streaming this event would be awesome but the internet in the venue would cost a hell of a lot .
    I'm presuming the UK and World champs are not the same event? The winners name goes on the UK champs trophy?
    Regardless, I'm in .
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaig View Post
    Doesn't the NEC have free wi-fi? I'm pretty sure it does, whether that would be too slow for a decent stream or not is another question.
    I didn't mean streaming it, although that would be awesome too. I just meant record to turn it into a series of decent Youtube videos, maybe split into qualifying rounds eg: Day 1 Q1, Day 1 Q2, Day 3 Melee, Day 4 Semifinals etc.
    A static camera is fine for streaming but for an event video you really need an active camera tracking the action.

Hmmm, Binky and Conker don't exactly have great track records... slightly worried now. Maybe I should just advertise Conker as an exploding suicide robot and it will have more of a 'Granny's Revenge' spin to it, going up in a blaze of glory! Hehehe

I think we should be fine, with 50 spaces available that's enough for everyone who came last year and 8 new robots.

Well there goes my chances of fighting in the Champs! Though does "Occasionally gives Beauty a hard time" count towards Richie's stats? :P

That's 50 spaces with the international robots included?

Also, this means no UK championship. So those new guys who want to try full combat..can't. There are no other events for full combat unless we go abroad.

Im in with Boneyard, got to crush some bots

Give it time fella's. As was pointed out earlier there is still a lot of stuff that needs straightening out.
    If more machines are registered than they hoped for they might up the number to 56 (or even 64) if needed.

At least that was said last year I think

Legion will be ready, with it's twin finished in the chaos 2 livery it would make a great mini whiteboard battle, tiny hurtz, predator, 360 and venom

Register To Comment