Register To Comment
Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA FW 2015 World Championships - Hosted by Robo Challenge

Spartan is Marco Roberts (Who also has Trojan), He's from Brazil originally and has chosen to represent them .

Only Canadian roboteer I know of over here is John Frizel...

Quote Originally Posted by Team Invade View Post
    (unless something catastrophic happens before then in which case the old Explosion will compete instead).
    So basically, if Explosion has an explosion you will be entering Explosion hoping to cause an explosion at the champs? :P

Just goes to show that I didn't even look at the name of the robot listed next to Brazil, as I would've recognised it from his build thread/Facebook post
    And thinking about it from that angle, I might've been able to get away with putting Seychelles as my country. Wasn't born there, but my grandad is from there, and if that criteria is acceptable for the national football teams...

Completely forgot too that the Canadian entry could've been John. Haven't heard anything about Serious Damage either way.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTwoRobots View Post
    And thinking about it from that angle, I might've been able to get away with putting Seychelles as my country. Wasn't born there, but my grandad is from there, and if that criteria is acceptable for the national football teams...
    I could have put Gallifrey down as well, if that logic stands!
    (old joke is old but I'm still gonna use it haha)
    Last edited by Flag Captured; 9th March 2015 at 22:47.

Gallifrey? Hardwire representing Ireland then?

That's also an old one. XD

I am surprised there are no US machines. Despite the logistics, surely they would want to try and prove they were the best. If the aussies can make it, they can.

Quote Originally Posted by harry hills View Post
    Why go out for hamburgers when you have steak at home?
    Because the steaks will still be there when you get back, why not have both?

I don't follow the US side of things religiously so this may not be the case, but I don't think the FW class is as big over there any more. Loads of insect classes & up to 15lbs, then lightweights and heavies. Hyperactive and Uberclocker are the two main ones that come to mind, but watching a lot of other feathers at Motorama the other week, I didn't see a huge amount to be impressed about, suggesting that the class is not at the cutting edge the way it is over here. Plus it might just come down to personal circumstances. Yes we've got Nick and Glen coming from Australia this year, but just because they're coming doesn't automatically mean that some US builders should have made the effort. Each to their own suitability.

You are absolutely right Jamie! Just have a look at the videos from Motorama this year and you can see how far the quality of featherweights in the US has fallen. With one or two exceptions they would be totally owned by everyone at the UK champs. I put it down to the GFC and Robogames dropping the class a couple of years ago - its really sad.

Register To Comment