Register To Comment
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Shakesc : Build Diary

A video of Olaf in testing. Excuse the driving, I hadn't driven it before. In live shows it proves to be a pretty decent drive setup, due tot he front of the robot it has difficulty pushing from a standstill as it just loads the front and loses traction but if it can be moving before contact it is impressive. The speed of the robot makes it an excellent rambot. Then sensorless setup seems to be fine just by following the idea of have more power than you realistically need as then it is able to startup cleanly without any cogging. The ESC's still have the delay but I noticed it is only from forwards to backwards. Backwards to forwards is instant, so I configured it carefully so 'forwards' of what the ESC thinks it is is actually forwards, this means I don't have responsive reverse and if I turn on the spot right after going forwards the wheel going back just brakes so I turn with one wheel forwards (if that makes sense). However no matter what forwards is always instantly available.

The Sieg X3 is a nice mill with very little Gouda inside - you could even say its gouda enough . I stripped one right down and the workmanship is still fairly good on the bits you don't normally see.

Considering that's only on 5S and in a confined space, it's gonna be awesome at full chat! What's the current weight? And are you looking into magnets for extra traction?

Register To Comment