Register To Comment
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Shakesc : Build Diary

Did more work on Spur 2. Sorted out the internal layout. Done lots of grinding to give clearance to wheels etc

Hopefully get through enough construction in the next few days to work out if its viable to enter for the champs.
    Have a few bits on order that hopefully be here next week.

Such a solid, compact robot. Nice work.

That particular type of tread on the wheels is exactly what I'm going to be looking for for retreading my Banebots wheels on Reaver. Is that just stuff you had kicking about or was it from a specific place? Looks a bit heftier than your standard bike tyre tread patterns.

Agreed, fantastic looking machine, very solid abd powerful.

Thanks, just had a look at the ones on their website and there are a few options with close tread so will swing by and have a look. Will probably be the first time I actually pay for a bike tyre to make wheel treads from, I usually just wait until I see one lying at the side of the road or at the skip and nab it

Had a great time at the champs and learnt a lot about my robot
    This is how it looked going into the champs - shiny

The rear motor eats brushes. I think there are a couple of reasons for this
    - lack of airflow
    - old motor with worn armature
    First fix is I have ordered a brand new motor

We had fitted a magnet on the scoop. Boy did this work! In fact far too well (I did on reflection order too big a magnet). This was nicely solved in one of the fights where the epoxy resin broke, magnet went free. At that point Spur could drift nicely , normal service resumed

The scope was a temporary measure as I had ran out of time to make an active weapon. On reflection I have scrapped the idea for an active weapon. Running a couple of DeWuts it has loads of push. Therefore gone for a redesign at the front

I am going to move the TZ85's out of the rear wedge and fit to the battery box now I have a bit more space. This will give more airflow around the rear motor and make removing electronics a lot easier.

I will try and get it all back together but might be Portsmouth.
    Oh - need more silver paint

Was it one of the original ones that were in it for the champs?

And I think you mean beauty, though seeing beast in with the feathers would be entertaining.

Register To Comment