Register To Comment
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Shakesc : Build Diary

Interesting results, I hope its not the same dead sensor problem that I had. Did you go through the whole motor phase test that Alien Power recommends?

Please post as much detail about your tests as possible (out-of-the-box reliability of these seems to be an issue), I have the same motors and 150a trackstar ESCs to try in Rango and knowledge is power!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    Please post as much detail about your tests as possible (out-of-the-box reliability of these seems to be an issue), I have the same motors and 150a trackstar ESCs to try in Rango and knowledge is power!
    I'm on the same page, I'm very interested in knowing how this setup works out!

I am considering these monsters as a pair for a new machine I have in mind...

ESC: http://cdn.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=45162

Motor: http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/50m...r-270kv-2200w/

So seeing how your tests go will let me know if this is worth the money. I really hope it does work for you, it will give Otis some real oomph.

EDIT: That esc isn't sensored... should have spotted that... looks like I will have to step back to the same setup as you. Maybe a bigger motor.
    Last edited by Eventorizon; 22nd November 2014 at 18:36.

Can you get a test video with them both in sensorless mode then?

Quote Originally Posted by shakesc View Post
    They are monsters!

Had a look at the back of the motor where the sensors are. The soldering is quite fine. None of the sensor leads look loose but its all quite a tight package. The soldering of the sensor leads doesnt look too clever - more insulation stripped back than needs be. I wouldn't fancy replacing any of that.
    The motors themselves are a decent price. Out of stock though so cant just pick up another quickly for testing
    Yeah, I would be very tempted to cover that whole join area in epoxy or Araldite and then heat shrink over it. Don't want those breaking at an event!

Done a bit of poking and it seems the Turnigy Trackstar 150A is actually a Castle Creations Mamba Clone of some kind. Many car hobbiests are angry that someone can get away with it (But can buy a fake anything in china, the word copyright doesn't seem to translate very well) and those who have used the Turnigy haven't had great reliability from them. That said given the price difference you could burn 3 Trackstars tone Mamba so... yeah... economies of scale.

Register To Comment