Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Featherweight World Championships 2015 - Fantasy Fights

With the list of competitors from the RoboChallenge World Championships now known, even if we don't know what all the robots are, I was wondering what qualifier fights I would like to see.

Given the range of competitors and unknown quantities, I reckon some groundless and crazy dreaming might do us all some good!

So, I have 3 fights I would like to see, one is for the shear chaos, one for the difficulty of the decision and the last is me wanting to finally meet these machines in the arena.

-Fight 1: Decimator VS Beauty 2 VS 722
    Insane horizontal against the best flipper in Europe against the best drum in Europe. This I can see going a number of ways. Beauty either gets both machines out quickly, Decimator takes out both 722 and Beauty with 2 colossal hits or 722 tosses Decimator over the wall, NST style, and then is able to out drive and ruin Beauty's flipper edge so it goes to a judges decision.

-Fight 2: Anubis vs Twisted Sister vs The Toonimator
    3 Horizontals, all with different designs. Twisted Sister (I've been told this was Savage Evo at one point) has battle history and placed 3rd one year. Toonimator has the killing of Beauty 2 to its name but hasn't been seen in years. Finally Anubis has fought under a different guise recently but is known to pack a punch with is interesting weapon and unique armour shape.

-Fight 3: Conker 3 vs Rango 2 vs Galactus
    I've been dying to fight Ellis ever since Tormenta 1 and Conker 1 sat side by side with 3 wheels a piece back in 2011. I've also fought Galactus before in 2014, but after taking myself out with a loose drive motor that battle never really got going. With Rango and Galactus having not fought before it will be an interesting friendly joust to see who comes out on top!
    Last edited by Eventorizon; 18th January 2015 at 18:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon View Post
    Twisted Sister (AKA Omen) has battle history but has never really made any progress.
    I guess battling through to 3rd place at a UK Championship doesn't count for much these days then? :P

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTwoRobots View Post
    I guess battling through to 3rd place at a UK Championship doesn't count for much these days then? :P
    I had no idea what it had managed to do :-P But given no one ever mentioned it I figured it never made it very far.

Minimoth vs Ice Storm (if it's what I think it is) vs Mini Mighty Mouse vs Legion (with Chaos 2 livery) vs Predator vs Venom vs 360 vs Tinyhurtz.

That'd never happen... but how awesome would that be? Mini Robot Wars reunion haha!

Is there a list of the competitors out there?

Not until all the entries are replied.

Well the full list is already out there on the intarwebz, minor tweaks might be made if people don't confirm by 31st January, but it gives a pretty good indication of who'll all be there.

Twisted sister had another name when build and rebuild. And no, it wasn't Omen.

Roboteer

It used to be Savage Evo didn't it ?
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011