Register To Comment
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RoboGames Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by john_frizell View Post
    You think? Just another drum spinner in a field that is over half spinners. Or do you know something about it that I don't?
    I found some videos on Youtube - it totally raped Touro light and I didn't see it lose a match or break down. It didn't win the event (didn't see why) but the amount of damage it did makes me nervous.

Here are some Unmakerbot matches:

VS Touro Light:

VS Federal MT:

VS Aquiles:

VS Blue:

Its not clear what happened to Unmakerbot in that clip; it might have been hung up on the arena. One encouraging observation is that the bot can barely move when inverted.

VS UBruined:

Bottom line - I am REALLY glad my design has a rear wedge!

From the videos I watched he doesn't seem to be very actively offensive, he tends to just stay still keeping the drum facing at the opponent so when they eventually try to attack him they get destroyed. Seems to suffer from major gyro issues as well, I think going be beaten if you had good, quick but controllable drive so you can out manoeuvre him and hold back a but more forcing him to make a move. Or else have a well armoured reliable bot that can afford to be more attacking as it knows it can take the hits and maybe win on aggressive style. But does look like a seriously scary machine!

The wedge is already 14mm thick titanium - no need for a 2 x 4!

Are there any US forums discussing RoboGames? The two topics on the RFL forum haven't been updated in ages.

Seems like most US discussion happens here these days - https://www.facebook.com/groups/RoboCommunity/?fref=ts

Register To Comment