Register To Comment

Thread: Servo problem

Hi Guys

I'm trying to run 2 servos and 2 gear motors from a 2s 160mAh Optipower lipo and fingertech escs. It drives fine without the servos but when I plug a servo in the lights start flashing on the escs and it goes all jittery and won't drive. Is the battery just not man enough? Or do I need something extra?

Are the servos powered directly by the battery or by the BEC/Vreg. Are you using 2 BEC/Vregs at once?

I've got the BEC from one ESC powering the RX and then the servos being powered from there which I guess my problem is from what you've asked. How do I power the servos from the battery and get the signal from the RX?
    Last edited by ChrisKazoo; 5th October 2014 at 16:46. Reason: spelling

Sounds like the BEC can't provide enough current and is causing low voltage protection on the microprocessors to kick in causing a continous reset state while the servos try to move.

To run straight from battery voltage just cut the red wire on the servo connectors from the servo to the receiver and plug the servos end into the battery. Though check that it can actually take the voltage first. If they can't take the voltage try moving one servo onto the other ESC's BEC (as with the battery voltage mod I described above but plug it into the unused BEC).

Last ditch effort: Shove a higher amp VReg in just for the servos.

Awesome thanks I'll give that a try

All working now, thanks for the help

Register To Comment