Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i see if i can survive the champs?

The champs is arguably all about survival. If you keep going in and luck is on your side you can do well. And even if not, you'll learn bucketloads and have fun. So, yes!

You will learn the most by going and competing in events. It will let you see not only other robots but how you need to prepare, what spares you need, how to design with repairs in mind, studying the tactics for taking on different opponents and most inprotantly you will have a lot of fun doing it.

may I offer a contrary position? No.

Round 1 of the competition is league based 4 of 3 way melees. The strongest steel bot in the world won't get you through the UK championship. You need offence, as well survival, although not necessarily the best offense.

I still tell you to sign up though. it's a laugh.

Even the cheapest lowest powered machine has a chance on survival if the control is perfect.
    Training is imperative.

Also, what is survival for a combat robot? Coming out in 1 piece?
    Or after a fight ended by loading a box of spare parts from the arena with the knowledge, "My friend, you will fight again".

Oh, what urges me to the workshop. Have 2 weeks left to resurrect Hannibalito 3.

Quote Originally Posted by psychostorm View Post
    may I offer a contrary position? No.

Round 1 of the competition is league based 4 of 3 way melees. The strongest steel bot in the world won't get you through the UK championship. You need offence, as well survival, although not necessarily the best offense.

I still tell you to sign up though. it's a laugh.
    Tiny Toon won cos of Alex's driving. It can be done... its just hard.

Don't expect to win but you may make it to the 2nd round if you are good/lucky!

Register To Comment