Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New featherweight (DMBLBIT)

From what I know there isn't. Only antweights and heavyweights are restricted within their dimensions

There is a size limit. to featherweights - it's the doorway...

Ah the good old days of wheels falling off. Used to happen to me all the time on my old wiper motor bot, and for the first wee while when I transitioned to drills. I kinda miss it; damn improved building techniques!

Grub screws, circlips, collars/collets, nuts - whatever best suits the design and how the wheel is mounted etc

You might want to try adding a layer of armour to the outside as well as an outer bearing along with that - I think that might be very handy for this kind of design, and definitely will reduce the stress on the wheel axles I'd imagine. Would also help keep them on too!

IMG_20140905_110749.jpg

Got problems charging. Using an Imax b6ac charger and a turnigy 3000mah 22.2v (6s) lipo.

Error message reads "low voltage".

Battery voltage is 14v on my multimeter. I'm worried I might have knackered some cells in there...

Obviously I now won't use it until I know what's going on. I'd it something stupid I'm doing wrong or is the battery done?

James.

If it's reading 14v it's severely discharged. Works out to 2.3v/cell assuming they're discharged evenly, which is a good way beyond what they should be. A high end charger might be able to resurrect it. Have you tried Charge or Storage instead of Balance? The Imax might happen to be okay with the lowlow voltage in other modes. It's very possible the pack is permanently damaged and trying to force charge into it could be dangerous, so I would put it outside and keep a very close eye if it does accept it. It might also be wildly unbalanced so only charge to say 3v per cell and then switch to balance.

Not very recommended but you might save it. Looks like overdischarge, easy enough to do but you won't do it again. :P

I'd suggest getting a LiPo alarm/voltage reader for a couple quid from Hobbyking. Allows you to stay on top of the voltage and stay above unsafe.

Register To Comment