Register To Comment

Thread: what has happen to all girl UK robot combat teams?

Well lets face it. By it's very nature, fighting robots is a very masculine spobby (sport / hobby). Spending hours tinkering in sheds and garages to then smash your creation off another one doesn't appeal to women in the same way as it does to men. My girlfriend Sarah thinks that what I do is impressive but she finds it dull at the same time.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are ladies out there and all are more than welcome but if you don't have as large a community of women to begin with then you are less likely to get an all women team.

The dutch wars had an all female team. Out of the three members Carlijn is still active keeping several machines running.

Those were the spouses of the razer team where they not?
    They only appeared in one of the extremes if i recall correctly.

found this vid:

Team Torque (not the old RW one) are a predominantly female team. Interestingly enough, one of the team torque members was originally on the Widows Revenge team, but got ill and was replaced by Vinnie Blood's girlfriend. Other than that, the team had no relationship to the Razer team.
    ^ This is why I fail at school. My mind is too full of this crap :P

A prime example of Robot Wars kayfabe.

You are quite correct in that Widows Revenge was an all female team, and that a founding member of Team Torque is one of those ladies. But I will correct one fact. The missing member wasn't ill, she was on holiday.

How do I know this, because it was me. Widows Revenge was built predominantly in my cellar. Emily Blood stepped in to do the filming. All the girls who appeared on the series 5, not extreme, were the partners of the Razer team. Myself I am the wife of Geoff Smith of Pain in the Asp. Hope this helps.

Register To Comment