Register To Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boneyard - FW Vertical Crusher

Hatchet 2 will still have it, seriously though looks awesome, reminds me of pinsor from Series 7.

Claw open/closed pictures:
    Crusher Open 2.pngCrusher Closed 2.png
    Will remake the claw longer to increase the reach later, it's too daunting a task right now :P

I do actually see S7 pinsor in it, just a less crappy claw haha

The claw shape defeats itself, getting wider from the tip like that means it has to push material out of the way as it tries to pierce. Other than that, looks pretty good.

The claw needs redesigning anyway to make the reach a bit longer, I'll bear that in mind when doing that, thanks Ellis .

Got my order from hobbyking today, finally going lipo! Esc's will be on their way shortly and with the basic chassis taking shape all is looking good, will be excited to get this build together

Little update:

Got 2 TZ85's here now for the drive, still got to order a weapon and a spare but that will come in time. Got my first quote for the claw and wedge's to be cut, waaaaay more expensive than I was expecting so I am hoping somewhere comes back cheaper or it's time for some saving :/

I have my final bits for the chassis turning up this weekend though which means I can finally start getting the machine in shape and get working on the body

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons View Post
    Got my first quote for the claw and wedge's to be cut, waaaaay more expensive than I was expecting so I am hoping somewhere comes back cheaper or it's time for some saving :/
    Get the angle grinder out. Can have it done quicker and cheaper then shipping material off, waiting for it to be cut, then have it shipped back

Man's got a point

Plasmacutter, anglegrinder has serious trouble with corners in holes.
    Cut plywood template, glue to steel, trace with plasmatorch, clean up with flap disk, ready.

Register To Comment