Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Inky

Hello, new member here.

Hey, so far I have two featherweight robots to my name, Stratos and Tankslapper.

Stratos, the flipper which used to be a BattleRat, was taken to the Robots Live event at the Museum of Flight in 2012 where it had a run in with Little Hitter and broke a few internals. It took a hit from the hammer on the aluminium panel, right next to the PCB and damaged it severely. Due to this it now sits on a shelf, inactive.

Tankslapper is the new robot, bought from Tony and Jamie of ScotBots. So far it has one of the interchangeable weapons ready, a solid 9inch aluminium spear attached to the chassis. Another weapon in the pipeline would be a chain flail with some sort of weight at the end, attached to the chassis so it swings around when the robot spins. Having made the spear myself I can guarantee some intense paintwork scratching will happen at the end of it.

I will be taking Tankslapper to the Museum of Flight event this year and also to Glasgow for the Comic Con event, assuming that featherweights are allowed to fight.

Thoughts on my robots are welcomed.

Panels On.jpgBroken.jpgSpike Attached.jpgSpike Point.jpg

It's got an inch of bar - 1 inch is threaded, 9 inches are outside for the spear - with a smaller diameter that's been threaded, it attaches directly to the chassis which has also been threaded.

Given that I work with offcuts from my school that aren't needed I doubt that I'll be able to get a steel bar.

About 9mm diameter I think.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll try to see what I can find in the storerooms first.

So I got a bit of work done today when really I should be revising. Got the wedge completely made from scratch out of offcuts of wood and aluminium, and the fixings all sorted, as well as some vinyl for aesthetics. Also got the fixings for the chain attached, all that I need now is some sort of weight to go on the end of the chain, combination lock there for a visual aid.

Chain.jpgChain Extended.jpgWedge Attached.jpgWedge Attached 2.jpgWedge Vinyl.jpgWedge Attached With Vinyl.jpgWeapons.jpg

The first problem I see with that chain is that you will drive over it when you back up. You'll risk getting stranded upon it. Perhaps a solid rod with a few chain links at the end like a mace would be the wiser course.

Loving the way our kits are being adapted and used in conjunctions with their owners imaginations now, that's really what we had hoped for when we came up the with Scot-Bots and the wedge and spike are two of the the things that I actually had on the original drawings as add on suggestions.

Register To Comment