Register To Comment
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow - general changes & upgrades

What size is the ram in flow, I remember you told me at burgess hill but I can't remember!

80mm bore, 90mm stroke (I think, might be 100).

"About the size of a small moon" is also an acceptable answer.

How does the dual-flip work then, does it just limit the amount of gas coming out of the higher pressure bottle for the big flip, or do you need a second canister for the low-pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Flag Captured View Post
    "About the size of a small moon"
    That's no moon, it's a space station

The regulator splits via a t-connection to two separate valves controlled independently by different channels on the transmitter. One goes to the pilot 3/2 valve for the big flip, the other goes to a small 2/2 valve for the self right flip.

Ahh, that's a much simpler system than the one I imagined. I thought it might be separate valves, but didn't know whether that would take power away from the main flipper. Handy to have that, instead of cartwheeling like some other flippers do trying to self-right...

Yes, it's a neat little feature. Or it would be if it had enough power to self right! I've done the plumbing on the self righter, all done and ready to fire, put the link in and poof, smoke! The relay switch had burned out, so a new one is on its way. Hopefully it'll turn up in time for Santa Pod.
    On the other, more powerful side of the pneumatics, the new connectors turned up and the two companies I ordered them from have sent the wrong ones! RS have sent 2mm ones, and the ebay seller has sent 6mm. The last piece in the Flow puzzle is this part, and I need and ordered 3mm!

It took a couple of months, but finally, Flow is fighting fit!

get some new armour made next

New drive arrived yesterday:

Register To Comment