Register To Comment
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LYNX Beetleweight

Oh right... well when you put it that way i'm slightly scared

Actually I think it is everyone else that should be scared!

I worry what the spin up time will be on a bar that size. It could well be that it never gets up to speed if the ratio is wrong or your opponent can get in before it starts spinning. Will be very interesting to see though.

It's definitely a risk running such a long bar, the ratio is around 2:1 but the motor i'm using is rated for like 800w at 4s so it should hopefully have the grunt.

It will spin it up like it's not there. That's 4x more wattage to call on than I have and with more reduction. The issue will be start up current draw and cont. draw... you're going to need some very punchy batteries.

I'm definitely not going to scrimp on the battery or the esc, looking at possibly using one of these if they're really as good as they sound http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html I know Nick was running some tests on them so i'll see how they do. Esc wise i'll go for a 100a red brick which should be enough.

Battery looks good, be interesting to see how those perform. ESC might be overkill, a 70 or 80a ESC should be plenty. I have a 30a lol. Also, weight?

The Esc is probably overkill but i'd rather know it's definitely not going to blow up, It's a shame that's the lowest capacity version of that battery because 1800mah is way too much i think, might have a look at Optipower and see if i can get something smaller. Weight is going to be tight i think, the whole weapon set up alone is around 500g, and then the motor, battery and esc is going to be probably another 350/ 400g, the body is going to have to be super light methinks.

800W of pure power do i hold in my hand! unfortunately as is the way with Hobbyking they sent the wrong esc (50a instead of 100) so that needs to go back, i would do a quick test but i don't want to blow the esc and then be stuck with it. Still the motor looks nice!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsam View Post
    800W of pure power do i hold in my hand! unfortunately as is the way with Hobbyking they sent the wrong esc (50a instead of 100) so that needs to go back, i would do a quick test but i don't want to blow the esc and then be stuck with it. Still the motor looks nice!]
    100W?! Why have you done that. It max's out at 65W on 4S. I got one of the 70A OPTO's for that motor.

Register To Comment