Register To Comment
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: LYNX Beetleweight

Yeah, thats a 3S NTM 35-34... I think my 4S set up is overkill now... oh well, I have the parts may as well finish it.

Exactly what Harry said it's a 12mm dead shaft, a thrust bearing runs under the blade and then a locking collar runs on the ground.
    The weight is just under 1.4kg without drive motors or wheels or armour but I have some weight I can still take out of the frame.

That motor is awesome btw Alex, if I gun the throttle it'll get the blade to full speed in around 5 seconds, the set up does get pretty warm though.
    Last edited by mrsam; 3rd November 2014 at 08:30.

Put another thrust bearing on Lynx's weapon set up to stop it scraping the motor pulley, seems to have sorted it.....
    Also has the added benefit of reducing friction making the spin up quicker. This is me pretty much gunning the throttle. http://vid921.photobucket.com/albums...ps0tbnh3e4.mp4

Almost done! Still needs a few bits doing, namely cutting the rest of the weight out of the rear spar and a new set of wheels. Also managed a test at 1/4 throttle before it destroyed the old wheels....we won't go into that, that's a piece of 3mm Aluminium in the picture, threw it about 20ft away.

Once the frame is finished it should be *just* under the limit, I had to downsize the lipo from 1300ah to 1000 so hopefully that stands up.

Pretty much finished, needs a bit more weight taken out of the frame to get it under the limit but nothing too major. Even managed a little drive test, the floor has no grip at all so it's struggling with traction. http://vid921.photobucket.com/albums...psuwnr80ga.mp4

F-Bomb and Scissorhands were the main inspiration, here's hoping it works half as well.

Register To Comment