Register To Comment
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Sabretooth

I really like that modular design. I'm doing a similar thing with my spinner if I can (if it ever gets the funds to be built!) since it's just so much easier to replace a busted section if it comes to it! Do you still have two of the machines on the go, or have you only worked on one of the chassis?

The modular design is a little bit accidental, but I noticed the leaning and went with it. I've now completed the pods and taken yet more photos. Work is going great guns. Yes there are still two of them. The second is a pile of bits, whenever I fabricate a piece I alway make two. so when one this one runs. The other one will be right behind it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love the look of this, and it's so compact! Looking forward to more progress and more pictures

I have just this moment placed my order for five of Botbitz's fine speed-controllers Hurrah! next on the list are the vinyl graphics.

I really like this robot and the way it's made and all that, but I did notice one thing in that last picture: the gas bottle is right against the HDPE. When the bottle freezes, I'm sure that's going to affect the properties of the HDPE

Mmmm interesting, I'd not thought of that. To be honest I don't think it would freeze enough to effect it's integrity, but time and practice will tell. If it does fail thens it's lucky that I have every part twice

And remember the outer shell is incased in hardox

This weekend, I've been busy working up the Lexan armour Hurrah! I've also started on the paint ageing on the panels. There is a lesson here, Don't leave your Lexan in the oven too to long! it expands!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Dave, I cut the lexan, heat it to 180c for 10 mins and then take it out and form it on a former. I then let it cool under the oven glove. Once this is complete, I weathered the inside with paint to give a rust effect, then lined the inside with white vinyl. the back plastic panel will be left clear.

Register To Comment