Register To Comment
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA UK Featherweight Championship 2014 hosted by RoboChallenge

Have those point calculations allowed for a few bots dropping out of the qualifying rounds? I'm sure that with the destructive power of the new & upgraded spinners this year that there will be some early retirements and a smaller number of finishing bots means a lower cut-off score.

Usually if a robot drops out, the fights continue as they would have, but only 2nd place and winner up for grabs. There was some debate as to whether robots have lost both opponents get 3 points or 4 points.

We've had our predictions for the fights, and most people have a good idea of who is going to qualify easily, but what I want to know is, who's your wild card? A robot that may not seem like much but could cause an upset to the more experienced/the heavy hitters.

I'd pick Richochet, Scruffy, and a shout from the new boys, Hardwired II.

Quote Originally Posted by razerdave View Post
    I'd pick Richochet, Scruffy, and a shout from the new boys, Hardwired II.
    Thanks Dave
    I'd say Defector, Scruffy & Endeavour.
    Looks like my top picks for 2014 are Satanix, Tiny Toon & DB10

Yes I definitely think Jamie is right. I think team work in the pits will be critical. Who can repair their machine quickly and effectively. I think the pits are going to be much more lively this year so I'm looking forward to seeing more input from the teams and how that will play out. That makes is much more important to keep gangways clear, sharp edges covered and robots on cradles.

Sooo I got bored, and I did the math (plz don't judge), I think (this is a horribly complex probability equation) that 9 or 10 points should be enough to make round 2. Seems about right, means if you win all your fights by any means you're guaranteed through.
    Last edited by Revsmin; 2nd April 2014 at 14:50.

Quote Originally Posted by geeza View Post
    Don't know, but looking at the draw the only one I'm confident will get 4 kos is explosion. Ohh that was hard to say! - sorry Michael :-)
    No pressure then?

I am going to try and get the roboteers info out to you today. Please do take note of all pages as there are changes this year.

On another note Predator is almost fully upgraded and ready to go on the reserves in case someone pulls out

will they let us through if we park up and bring the bot through the main entrance without tickets or a pass

Quote Originally Posted by plargen View Post
    will they let us through if we park up and bring the bot through the main entrance without tickets or a pass
    Highly unlikely.

Register To Comment