Register To Comment
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Eggbeater

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy View Post
    grubscrewing onto a bearing is a pretty nooby idea.
    Got to be better than nothing at all and having your weapon destroy your own machine. Just giving some options

http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...14th-september

Quote Originally Posted by razerdave View Post
    Hey guys
    I've confirmed with Alan that I can have the beetle arena at Stevenage, but we may have to pack tight if it's anyone with just a beetle (I think every beetle roboteer has a FW), so get building/repairing .
    Hope to see you there if you can make it

Dave Weston's the best one to ask for that (Razerdave) because he's the one who has the arena!

Welp.

In the end Eggy turned out like this. Not 100% happy with it but I fixed a lot of the problems I've had in the past. Gave up with my radio gear and borrowed a set off Ellis (whattaguy) which meant it at least ran properly.

Event was pretty fun despite lack of robots, I came third out of six (aw yis hella achievement unlocked) which, sad to say is the best I've ever done lol.

Some of the fights

I also beat up *generic inanimate object* too which someone has on film

Damage was aight.

Well 2mm cheese was never gonna be much good. Flexed okay and it protected the belts. Lost my bearing retaining washers in the first fight so had to bodge with tape and massive steel ones towards the end.

The 6mm (bit pocketed) fared less well probably due to being a bit stiffer.

Newton punched thru it and killed a gearbox. Warped the whole panel. #rekd

So all in all, not bad but not too good either.

If you are that way inclined you can see a full build of the dang thing here
    http://bodgeitandhope.blogspot.co.uk...esbeetles.html

Changes for v3

- don't noob the bearing housings
    - slower, less powerful motor. The current draw was insane. I'm surprised my lipos didn't died
    - shorten the frame a tad, take weight out of stupid places and try and put it into some titanium armour.
    - make the electronics, drive especially not suck. Want some wasps ideally. But a new mixer and a new transmitter should keep it together for now.
    - more ground clearance

Also planning a horiz spinner using this disc

Its basically Ellis's robot but without the skill, execution or effectiveness. Current name for it is Red Wedding.

Peace y'all.

Register To Comment