Register To Comment
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Rango - Build diary

They will have a hard time returning the parts, they're all over my room, the workshop, and are being installed as we speak! The parts are brilliant, and here! See profile pic for proof.

They arrived this morning. I'll have a proper update soon. Does the tracking say the package has been returned?

edit: wait, April Fools?

Hahaha hook line and sinker…

Hi Ellis, I just became the postman for some TZ85 controllers. I am getting to the NEC a day early to get over the jet-lag, so we can arrange to meet as soon as you arrive if you want.

Hey guys, proper updates soon, just finding I'm too knackered to write anything comprehensive at the end of the day! Jeroen's stuff has indeed arrived, I have made the motor mount plate, I have now got the entire mechanical side of the drive system installed and seemingly functioning well, save wheel spacers and tyres. Though buzzing the motors on low voltage or on speed control is making the electrical side get surprisingly warm after maybe just a minute of on the bench testing, namely the tz85s. It's all relatively smooth running now, the right angles run nicely, but the oilon bushes are creating quite a bit if friction on the (now uber polished) wheel shafts. Some grease has helped. It's entirely because of the drive belts putting big stress on the wheels. It does work, but I worry for the speedos. Angry driving for 3 minutes, and if this amp draw keeps up (must be pretty high for no load to make them even remotely warm?!), I would expect them to leak magic smoke before long.

I can only hope that the HTD belts will give a tiny bit. If they do it should be okay. Going to be a matter of doing actual drive testing in short bursts and hoping that slackens everything up some. If it doesn't... eek.

Does anyone know if HTD belts even do stretch? I am 95% sure they already have a bit, suggesting they might some more.

@Max: I'll get back to you.

@Nick: yes, thank you! We'll be there on Wednesday too so that will hopefully work out nicely. Thank you for playing postman.

Tomorrow I'm hoping the package from Mario will arrive along with Guilherme's spare weapon motor. Soooo much left to do!

Going to bed, cheers.

Three BotBitz 85A V2 ESC's and Programmer box are on their way to Nick's

What does one have to do to get some more TZ85's on their way over to England? And a programming box sounds useful too.

Ellis: I have found every belt I have ever yused has stretched though the HTD belts have stretched less than the cheaper ones. You could try just running Rango with her wheels off the floor for 10 minutes or something to run the belts in and try and give them a bit of a stretch to relieve some tension.
    Last edited by Eventorizon; 3rd April 2014 at 07:09.

Sorry, its too late for me to bring them over - they couldn't be mailed until Monday and wouldn't get to me in time. You can still order them direct from the Botbitz store: http://www.botbitz.com/index.php?rou...tegory&path=59

Register To Comment