Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spam Flipper - team spammy

well seen as im new here, and you guys have been so helpful with information and other stuff i thought i would get my build diary going, well what im going to build is a rear hinged flipper bot (spam flipper).
    im currently in the process of putting my ideas that i have drawn into solidworks to give u guys a preview of what im wanting my bot to look like im going for a HDPE armor and if there is enough weight spare i might give a thin metal out lining aswel to take some damage, i will be running the driving system with 2 x 12v cordless drill motors, and the flipper system will be a 230psi ram, im undecided yet on what rx/tx system to use, well thats the basics i will upload some pictures shortly of my very very rough hand drawings (looks like a 2 years has drawn them lol)
    and comments and suggestiong would be great but i will hopfully keep u guys updated regualy.

WP_20140114_001.jpg

this is a very rough hand drawing i have done told it was very very rough lol

Are you building a FW or a HW? You've got a problem with proportion I think mate
    You'll find out that components won't sit as nicely as you placed them! Shape wise it looks good, dont bother with two rams, use one of a larger size, buffer tanks same, use a single larger one...
    Have a look at some of the build diaries to get a better idea of sizes and dimensions and what goes where and how...

That sketch took me literally 5 mins to do, just for the shape idea, I'm in the middle if drawing a propper sketch now, I know what ram and tanks I'm getting

ok so this is a better design and proberly final design, just need to sort measurements out
    WP_20140114_005.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    That looks really good
    I can hand draw better than i can use that flipping solidworks lol

so i took my hand drawings and scanned them into my computer and just threw abit of paint on it so u can see roughly what im aiming for

final design 1.jpg
    final design 2.jpg

not the best pictures in the world but u get the idea what im aiming for

Firestorm, but rear hinged.

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10 View Post
    Firestorm, but rear hinged.
    lol i do agree it does look slightly like it, but i just been looking at pictures of firestorm and that seem to have a bigger rear end on it, mines gunna be more round like, and its kinda hard these days to think of something new that someone else hasnt thought of the idea

Register To Comment