Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robots Live! @ Palace Green Library, Durham University 21st -23rd February 2014

Robots Live! are pleased to announce the first of our new events for 2014! We'll be in the historic city of Durham, placed between the Cathedral, Castle and Palace Green Library as part of Durham Universities 'Robot!' Exhibition.

The exhibition brings some of the metal stars of the big screen together with books and toys that for decades have activated the imaginations of young and old alike.

Researchers at Durham University are working on a wide range of projects involving robots and robotics, from the fictional robots familiar from classic books and comics to the real robots that are making a difference every day to industry and in the home.

The exhibits are a mix of film props, replicas and models of anything from an original Kryten costume from Red Dwarf to a scale model of Maria from Metropolis. We cover the themes of robots providing assistance (utopia), when robots turn bad (dystopia) and AI in the exhibition. A good selection of comics and books will also be on show as well.

As part of the exhibition Robots Live will be there for 3 days at the end of the February half-term running 4x 30minute shows a day. This will be a similar setup to our museum events with a mixture of feathers and heavyweights, having abit of fun and putting on a show. It's an ideal chance to test out your robots before the season kicks off.

We will be looking into offering hotels and abit of fuel money for any heavyweight teams that can make it along.

Any teams wishing to attend, can you please pop me an email alan(@)robotslive.co.uk

This will be a great start to the year and will see something new from us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blazerbotics View Post
    when robots turn bad (dystopia)

He He

Sounds like a good testing event for my new robot. Email sent.

Roboteer

Bring your snow shovels and wellies :-)
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Have faith Clive, we got through the 'Snowfall of the Railway Museum' last year, im sure we can get through anything else the northern weather throws at us (but shhh, i forgot to mention its in a marquee!, i am told heating will be provided, didn't realise you had discovered such things! )

anybody else who's looking at coming can you please let me know as i need to start looking into accommodation.

I'm in Just checked the dates, I'm good for them

Probably make at least one day with ceros for trials and battle tests, before full on at whitick

We were planning to go to this if we have time to get our robot finished... sent an email, but no reply yet hehe

Register To Comment