Register To Comment
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: pneumatics for featherweight

Not so sure it will work by compressed air, you won't have enough volume of gas to make your system work. There are small co2 bottles you could use, or disposable cartridges... To be honest I wouldn't bother with pneumatics on a 6kg machine as you're going to have to be very careful with weight...

If you're designing a flipper or something similar I'd ditch pneumatics and go electric, use a linear actuator, should be lighter, more compact and have enough power, other members can better guide you down that route...

If you already bought the parts, then you still have another part to purchase, ie the tank...there are various sizes which you could use.
    I honestly don't feel I should tell you how to fill it if you're attempting to build your own tank...its for your own good mate, this stuff could be potentially lethal...

Have you got a design for your robot? I mean, dimensions, materials to be built from etc...6kg is not much especially when going the pneumatic way.
    The 12oz bottle I have weighs 0.6kg, but you could do better with a 9 or 5 oz tank.
    I really cannot help you much without seeing what you're building...

Register To Comment