Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello there

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi guys sorry I've been away and missed out on all the crack but back now and ready to cause trouble well no really causing trouble but the fun type of trouble so let me know if you missed me

Top of the morning to you !

Here's an idea why don't we do a work shop for roboteers I'll bring the welders I mean I'm sure there's a few skills guys would like to upgrade be it welding or electronics ....imagine a skills weekend at one of the venues .......well I think it's a good idea....

Roboteer

Sounds like a plan to me

Welcome back.

A workshop at a venue. Great idea in itself.
    On the other hand, it means there has to be a suitable space for it.

As mentioned, a welding workshop.
    What is needed except a welder and the consumables for it? Anglegrinders or files , a suitable workbench, and if a metal-workshop isn't available, spark retaining stuff, fireproof curtains and floorprotection.

Also, an event is a strange enviroment. Some teams arrive with the robot ready to go, others are still building/upgrading (I'm surprised we didn't see a van arriving with people working in the back)

No, a workshop in itself, I don't see it being mixed with an event, just the wrong time and location.

But for people interested, and as some already know, the House of Chaos is open for visitors.

I think top of the list should be a demonstration on how to fill co2 bottles correctly and safely,
    there are lots of newbies unsure and trying to do this and would be safer with some instruction.

filling bottle scared the whatsits out of me :S

O and by the way how do I put a pic up as me ould avatar good lads

And when I say pics I was hoping to get the one of me that was in the robot wars mag when I was the agony aunt ......ok give me a shout when you have it

Quote Originally Posted by Drzulu View Post
    And when I say pics I was hoping to get the one of me that was in the robot wars mag when I was the agony aunt ......ok give me a shout when you have it

Best I could do.

Register To Comment