Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4QD and interface problems

Hey guys

Ok, here's the deal;

I have a pair of 4QD's for my current heavy, and I know they both work because I have done a multimeter test. However, I press one direction and I get a reading. When I press the other direction, I hear a relay click and don't get any reading even with the stick all the way over. This is on both boards, so I presume I am doing something wrong ?

As for interface problems, I had 2 single channel Delbot interfaces, one of which was not working (lit up, but no response from the controller). That board is now dead because I accidentally blew it whilst fault finding (Derp), but the other seems to be working perfectly well. I have tried both 4QD's on it, they both respond. I have since purchased another interface board from Ed and it appears to be unused. I wired up the RC cable to the pins on the board labelled R, B and W (Red, Black and White, like the RC wires) and plugged it all in. NOTHING. No LED's lighting up, no RC response.

I checked the controllers again on the original delbots board and they work (the first problem still there though).

Can someone tell me what is going on ??

You need newer controllers

Have got a 360 watty here not required, its got all new fets aswell but propably a bit to expensive ?

I can't afford a wotty, had to sell mine to pay the credit card bill .

I need solutions guys!

Dave this is the issue with the old 4qd controllers. The expertise and experience running them in the robot community has all but disappeared as they are such old school tech. There may be one or two individuals who will be able to help you but not many (me included) have used the 4qd controllers

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Have got a 360 watty here not required, its got all new fets aswell but propably a bit to expensive ?
    Just out of curiousity. Price?

I understand that it's old tech Gary, unfortunately it's what I was given to work with (wouldn't buy them ).

Cheers anyway folk .

Paid 360 for it not had it long either,its an expencive spare part ! It would have to be in the 300 region sorry.

Roboteer

Have you tested them without the interface? E.g. Wire up a switch and pot. Which 4qd model are they?
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

I haven't, but I do have another board I got from Sam that uses pot feeds. I suppose I should give that a go. Any recommendations what size pot I need? Dunno if ex-servo ones would cut it.
    No idea what version of 4QD's these are, I'll have to find out.

On the plus side, Marco has agreed to lend me his Wotty for Newport, but I will want to get the 4QD's running.

Register To Comment